Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just money? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods delivers lifesaving products and healthcare to people’s doorsteps.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here.
Living Goods Kenya has worked in Kenya since 2013. We have a team of 180 and will grow to 300 in the next three years. By working with the national and several county governments, we help Community Health Workers serve more than a million people in Kenya. Four years from now we’ll help them serve 7 million . We’re growing because we see the big picture and because we know our mission: to ensure that every mother and child has basic healthcare in their community.
We’re looking for a commander in chief for Kenya. Someone to tell the story of Living Goods, Kenya. To open doors to new partners and strengthen relationships with existing ones. Serve as Living Goods’ biggest advocate for community health in Kenya. And lead a smart and savvy team of 180.
- Drive strategy. You will develop the blueprint to guide Living Goods in Kenya and help to shape our Global strategy. This blueprint will include a review of Living Goods’ strengths and successes, opportunities for growth, impact and goals for growth.
- Lead the team. You will guide a team of public health experts, government relations and advocacy teams, sales and marketing staff, trainers, and technology gurus. Your collaborative management style will enable you to help team members to feel valued and encourage each of them to learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
- Promote Living Goods. Maintain strong relationships with government, partners and donors, such as USAID, foundations, and private corporate donors. Raise Living Goods’ visibility at conferences and meetings and identify opportunities to showcase Living Goods’ work nationally and globally.
- Secure funds. Work with business development staff to identify, track and coordinate responses to funding opportunities. You will also help develop partnerships that lead to new funding.
- Lead with integrity. As the leader of our organizational culture in Kenya, you will create a positive and productive workplace. One that values hard work, feedback and continuous improvement, inclusion and commitment to our work and working with other teams, such as in Uganda.
[Text Box: Empowering micro-entrepreneurs to deliver life-changing products to the doorsteps of the underserved.]
- Record of leadership. You have at least 10 years experience leading systemic change, managing people, budgets and working in global companies or international organizations. You’ve lived and worked in Kenya. You have an MBA, MPH, MD or other relevant post-graduate degree. Public health experience preferred.
- Natural fundraiser. You have experience identifying business opportunities for health organizations or securing funds from foundations and institutional donors like USAID, DfID, and The Global Fund.
- Collaborative manager. You are able to inspire a shared vision for the Living Goods team. You know how to motivate people and offer guidance and opportunities that help staff learn, grow, and thrive.
- A natural connector. You are able to build and sustain relationships with Ministries of Health and nongovernmental organizations (NGOs). You are able to identify new donors and partners to work with programs. You are able to spot trends and keep the Living Goods’ executive team informed about community health needs and opportunities in Kenya.
- A strategist. You are a quick thinker, laser focused and clear decision maker. You have a strong interest in private-sector approaches to development and a proven ability to produce results. You can apply what you learn in Kenya to Living Goods’ work in other countries.
- Gets our model. Living Goods is a hybrid model. We’re a nonprofit organization with a business minded approach. We use business practices to achieve social goals. Candidates with for-profit and nonprofit experience preferred.
- Lives our values. You can thrive in our culture – you can demonstrate inclusion, integrity, innovation, quick footedness, collaboration, and accountability.