mHealth is the biggest health transformation of our lifetime. All around the globe, mobile phones make a difference between life and death. They allow families to call for medical help in emergencies. Help rural pharmacists locate lifesaving drugs during stockouts. Enable health workers to track potential pandemics.
In developing countries, mobile phones have also transformed community health at the grassroots level.
At Living Goods, every community health worker gets a smart phone on day one. They use it to conduct well baby visits, monitor infant growth, track maternal health, and diagnose and treat common childhood ailments. Living Goods’ supported supervisors also use smart phones to track the performance of Community Health Extension Workers. And Ministry of Health staff use data sent from smart phones to measure results and recommend program improvements
The mHealth unit is a branch of The Community Health Strengthening Team, a group of smart and innovative professionals who seek to transform community healthcare across the developing world. They help Ministries of Health (MOHs) design policies, develop innovative ways to finance healthcare, and co-design programs to deliver high impact, low cost community health.
In partnerships with Ministries of Health, the Community Health Strengthening team develops mhealth tools, supportive supervision programs, performance incentives for community health workers, and last-mile supply chain management. These might sound technical, but they are proven ways to boost commitment and human ingenuity in community health.
Our belief in the power of technology, mobile phones and phone apps is not unique. These days, everywhere you look health care executives and MOH leaders are talking about mobile health. But at Living Goods we’ve done more than talk. We’ve created tools, fine tuned them, and used them to equip and train 6000 Community Health Extension Workers. Now we want to share our secrets more widely.
That’s why we’re looking for a Director of mHealth Partnerships. A technology guru eager to infect others with mHealth enthusiasm and brings futuristic ideas to our mHealth solutions. That’s where you come in.
What is Living Goods?
· Living Goods supports networks of ‘Avon-like’ micro-entrepreneurs who go door-to-door teaching families how to improve their health and wealth while selling affordable, high-impact products like basic medicines, fortified foods, water filters, clean cook stoves, and solar lights. Living Goods seeks nothing less than a disruptive reinvention of distribution in emerging markets, through networks of franchised micro-entrepreneurs who leverage Living Goods’ brand, buying power and mobile marketing tools to deliver vital products at accessible prices to the people who need them most. By combining the best practices from the worlds of micro-enterprise, franchising and public health, Living Goods is creating a fully sustainable system to improve the health, and wealth, of underserved communities.
· Living Goods has been featured in The New York Times, NBC News, The Economist, and The Huffington Post. Check out these articles and more on our press page.
Life at Living Goods
· Living Goods is aiming to make disruptive changes, dramatically improving the lives of underserved communities. We think big, but we operate small and nimble. At Living Goods, you will have the chance to use your creativity and work with your teammates to conceive and test new ideas every day. If you work well in a dynamic, highly collaborative culture, if you set high standards for yourself and your colleagues, if you know how to fail fast and learn fast, if you meet challenges with calm determination and a sense of humor, you will thrive at Living Goods. See www.livinggoods.org/principles.
How to Apply
· To apply for this position please visit our career page and apply for Director of mHealth Partnerships through our applicant tracking system. Successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
· For more information about Living Goods, please visit:
follow us @Living_Goods