Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your management chops to make a difference, not just money? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to disruptively reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, but operate small and nimble. We train community health workers to bring healthcare and life-saving products to people’s doorsteps. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
At Living Goods, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity every day. If you work well in a dynamic, collaborative culture, if you set high standards and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Living Goods.
At Living Goods, we know the power of messages. Our community health workers teach mothers about nutrition and contraception, water treatment and malaria prevention. Their messages are effective because they educate families and get them to act.
We seek a Communications Director to do for external audiences what we do for families. To tell stories about Living Goods through multiple media -- publications and blogs, events, and videos. Raise awareness of Living Goods among local governments, international donors, and partner organizations. Craft the message that we need to finance community health worldwide.
As our Communicator in Chief, we need you to develop a strategy to amplify our message. Together with the Advocacy, Business Development, and Community Health Strengthening teams, you will enable us to recruit new partners, raise money, and magnify our impact.
- Develop strategy. You will create a multi-channel communications plan to amplify our message. Your plan will include activities to aid business development, advocacy, partnerships and country teams. You will also work with the US and in East Africa teams to publicize our programs.
- Build the brand. We need you to expand the base of individuals and organizations that know Living Goods. Through videos, blogs, and photographs, stories and statistics, you will build both awareness and good vibes for Living Goods.
- Generate media coverage. You will grow Living Goods coverage for both Living Goods and community health in targeted media outlets. Your efforts will include coverage in print, broadcast and digital media. In social media, you will increase our engagement on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc. You will also develop key Living Goods allies among the media.
- Promote us. You will oversee the development of all Living Goods branded materials. You will also manage the marketing and communication budget and service contracts including sourcing external support.
- Create a website full of wonder. You will engage best of class web design and development resources to ensure that our website attracts and enlightens our target audiences. Smart tests and analytics will help you improve web metrics.
- Engage through events. You will work with US and country teams to plan and attend events that connect us with our target audiences. You will identify and cultivate industry event planners to generate speaking engagements and sponsorship for Living Goods.
- Communication creds. You have 8+ years of experience in senior communications roles – ideally a combination of in-house and agency experience in growing organizations. You’ve worked in multiple disciplines, like web, content, social media, and public relations.
- Knows media. You have a wide range of relationships with people in news outlets and business press. You know about current social media platforms and channels, including best practices for content creation
- Management skills. You are a collaborative manager who can motivate and guide a team as a whole, and team members as individuals.
- Write well and speak simply. You can distill a complex program evaluation into key messages and a dense donor update into a readable report. You know how to hook people’s attention and tell a good story
- Global experience. You have experience in a global organization, preferably one that works in developing countries. You have helped launch global campaigns that generate international media coverage.
- Committed to our mission. You have a demonstrable commitment to international development and global health.
- Get our model. Living Goods is a hybrid model. We’re a nonprofit organization with a business minded approach. We use business practices to achieve social goals. Candidates with for-profit and nonprofit experience preferred.
- Culturally adaptable. You are eager to work with people of different cultures and different sectors: the private sector, social entrepreneurial sector, nonprofit sector and public health community.
- Team player. You play well with others enjoy seeing the impact of our work as a team.
- Multitasks. You’re able to juggle multiple tasks at once while ‘keeping calm and carrying on.’ You think strategically, handle ambiguity and work well in a multicultural environment.
Want to learn more?
Check out www.livinggoods.org