Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
At Living Goods, we know the power of technology. Our staff and community health workers use a suite of IT assets and applications to teach mothers about infectious diseases, nutrition, hygiene and family planning, and provide critical access to treatment to pregnant women and children under five years.
We believe that a well-maintained technology platform is an increasingly powerful and positive disruptive force in enabling Living Goods to provide effective community health service and drive impact.
- Conduct researches to understand our users' needs, configure our product to fit service delivery workflows within a particular health context.
- Perform investigations, design, implementation and maintenance of product modules and submodules for both new and existing products according to architecture, guidelines and good software engineering practices.
- Support our project managers and partners in conducting high-quality design research as design is a shared core competency at Living Goods.
- create design tools and templates to assist teammates be equipped to carry out design work.
- coach teammates through our design process before, during, and after project deployments.
- Conduct sessions directly with end users to design workflows.
- conduct UX testing on the product features, implement prototypes and inform our product roadmap.
- Take technical responsibility of overall project design by ensuring end-to-end ownership of all technical aspect
- Drive open communication across disciplines.
- Bachelor degree in computer science or any related field.
- 3 years of experience designing tools - Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp or 3 years working experience as a User Interface/User Experience designer in user experience research and testing OR in a community-facing programs role, particularly in reaching vulnerable communities will be an added advantage.
- Experience with UI design principles and patterns.
- Ability to quickly turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups quickly in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Outstanding storytelling and presentation skills - Able to write User stories and presentation.
- Has Experience in community-based field work with underserved populations or with ICT4D is strongly preferred.
- some understanding of health service provision/ public health systems/ community health.
- Ability to concept and execute on brand identity, information architecture, and usability
- Ability to produce high-end functional interface designs for responsive websites, landing pages, banners, and emails.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates skills and ability - provide a website link.
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and bonus opportunity. The opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.